Breaking into Script Reading on Zoom
with Lucy V Hay aka @Bang2Write
‘Earning money reading, improving your writing through experience and expanding your powerful contacts are all benefits of professional script reading’
Lucy V Hay
Join us for this intensive two-day online workshop that breaks down
the art and craft of reading scripts to help improve your own writing,
to also improve your feedback for other writers and most
importantly, to earn you money as a professional reader.
Delivered online. Get access to ALL recordings and sessions for SIX MONTHS after the event.
When: Dates February 25th and 26th 2023
*If you buy now, you will can also get access to the most recent redordings of this workshop AND get a full pass to the next one when it runs live in 2022. Just email us after buying your pass and we will sort out access.
What happens over the two days?
Learn how to produce industry standard analysis for agents, producers, production companies and broadcasters – all of whom have mountainous ‘read’ piles. The ability to distinguish a ‘Pass’ from a ‘Consider’, or even a ‘Recommend’ will make you a valuable asset to the biggest and most prolific production companies. Key elements covered include:
- WHO uses script readers
- WHAT the key components of a script report are
- WHERE to source those elusive script reading jobs (even ones not advertised)
- WHEN to walk away and avoid conflict with writers
- WHY reading as a job can improve your writing AND most importantly, your understanding of the business.
BREAKING INTO SCRIPT READING is tailored for those who want to gain understanding of how the marketplace works, as well as how to analyse screenplays professionally.
What is included?
- Writing a fully professional report
- How to negotiate pay for your work and where to find it
- Techniques for constructive criticism and avoiding conflict
- What constitutes “marketability”
- Identifying strong concepts
- Why context matters: how sample scripts and sold scripts differ
- Tips for helping writers improve their craft
- Understanding how logistics affect filmmaking
- How to write positive script reports that get results for writers and execs and gets you re-hired for the next job
Why become Script Reader?
- You can work freelance, on your own terms, wherever you like and fit it around your existing commitments
- It’s challenging, interesting work in an industry that never stays still, keeping you on your toes!
- You can make money AND work in the film, TV or literary industry, no more day job to distract you
- It’s a great way to make useful and powerful contacts
- There is professional development: script readers often move into script editing and some become development executives, literary agents, producers and filmmakers
- Reading other people’s scripts is a sure fire way to improve the quality of your own work. Get paid to do it.
In other words: script reading is a PERFECT job for the creatively minded!
The Last Script Reading with Lucy V Hay… from 100 delegates…
Sign up now and get immediate access…
…to this killer session from the last Script reading Masterclass, with two working script readers. Hear from those at the coal face just how it works. This 40 minute video session will be mailed to you when you sign up. In this session with Lucy were Zina Wegrzynski (Script and Development Editor, Kindle Entertainment) and Sabina Smitham (Freelance reader and development exec).
My Pledge To You
If your screenwriting is not taken to a whole new level during the workshop, I will give you a full refund on the spot. Remember, as an organization, we are in the trenches right beside you. We have made films, we are making films and we connect with hundreds of experienced filmmakers through the London Screenwriters’ Festival.